04 Jun 3 healthy high end recipes you must make to impress your guests
3 healthy high end recipes you need to know for this weekend to impress your guests.
When you have a luxury home, your guests expect the food you serve to be as luxurious as your home.
These healthy recipes are designed to be easy, yet serve as a showcase for your cooking skills, even if most of your meals are eaten out or prepared by your personal chef.
Use your outdoor kitchen area to its fullest with these unique recipes that will showcase you and your luxury home.
A Healthy Appetizer
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Flats
Makes 12 servings
- 3 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples – peeled, cored and diced
- 10 ounces raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons strawberry fruit preserves
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.
A Healthy Entree
Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
Makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 6 large green bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a saucepan bring 3 cups water to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, core and seed green peppers, leaving bottoms intact. Place peppers in a microwavable dish with about 1/2 inch of water in the bottom. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- In a small frying pan bring soy sauce, wine and Worcestershire sauce to a simmer. Add tofu and simmer until the liquid is absorbed. Combine rice (after cooled), tofu, cranberries, nuts, cheese, salt and pepper; mix and pack firmly into peppers. Return peppers to the dish you first microwaved them in, and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, combine tomato sauce and brown sugar; heat until hot throughout. Spoon sauce over each serving.
A Healthy Dessert
You were probably wondering about dessert if you had fruit as an appetizer and this dessert complements the summer theme perfectly.
Healthy Chocolate Mug Cake
Find some interesting or high end mugs for this dessert.
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix banana, flour, cocoa powder, honey, egg, milk, and baking soda together in a large microwave-safe mug.
- Heat in microwave on High until cake rises and is done in the middle, about 2 minutes.
- Top with fresh whipped cream and a piece of fruit, chocolate square, or both!
See allrecipes.com for more great recipes.