Relocating To Greenville & Upstate, SC
Thinking about moving to Greenville, SC? Of course, we think that’s a great idea, but we may be just a tad biased, since we already live here and happen to think it’s pretty darn cool. So, if you don’t want to just load up the moving truck on the word of a few gung ho, over zealous, Greenville loving locals, how about listening to what the rest of the country is saying about Greenville.
- CNN ranked us as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Cities thanks to the likes of BMW, Michelin, GlaxoSmithKline, Kyocera and more than 250 international companies.
- Fast Company listed us in their 15 Tech Scenes in Places You’d Never Think to Look and said Greenville was The Knowledge Economy’s Next Big Thing.
- Global Trade Magazine listed Greenville as one of the Top 50 Cities for Global Trade, thanks not only to easy access to three interstate highways, three freight lines, and five ports within a few hours, but also strong MBA programs offered by Clemson University and University of South Carolina.
- AARP listed us on their list of the top places to retire in 2013 saying Greenville was “Big city meets southern ease”.
- Fortune Magazine listed us one of the top 5 places to retire, citing downtown as one the area’s top attractions, with over 100 restaurants.
- Forbes ranked us one of the top places for a working retirements, which sounds like a bit of an oxymoron, but hey we’ll take the compliment.
- The National Association of Realtors expects Greenville to be one of Top 10 Cities for relocating Baby Boomers.
So what do you do when you’re not working in Greenville…
- Well, CBS ranked us as one of the Top Six Hottest New Vacation Destinations in the World, that’s right, not just the U.S., but the world, because of our proximity to location in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, our downtown with over 100 restaurants, vibrant arts scene, and our affordability.
- Greenville came in at number two on Outside Magazine’s Best Towns of 2013, highlighting our over 200 annual downtown events, world class cycling, and fantastic greenways like the 18 plus mile Swamp Rabbit Trail.
- USA Today listed Main Street at one of the Top 10 Prettiest Streets for a Stroll in the South.
- Lonely Planet placed Greenville at number seven for Best in the US in 2015.
Are you a foodie? Greenville is quickly becoming the foodie capital of the South…
- Foreign Direct Investment named Greenville top Micro-City of the future
- Global Headquarters GE Energy’s Engineering Division manufacturting the world’s largest heavy duty gas turbines
- NEXT Innovation Center
- Greenville Hospital System is the largest employer with over 10,000 employees and ranked number 1 by US News & world Report in 2010 in the area of heart surgery, gastroenterology, endocrinology, and diabetes
- BMW Manufacturing manufactures the X3, X5, X6 for 130 global markets, is 4 million square feet total, and total investment in SC is over $5 billion.
- Michelin North America; NA Headquarters employs 7,600. makes tires for cars, bicycles, farm equipment, heavy duty trucks, motorcycles, and the space shuttle.
- Leads the nation in terms of engineering employment per capita.
- Clemson University is a top 25 public research university according to 2011 U.S. News and World Report and 2nd happiest students according to 2012 Princeton Review.
- Furman University has the 4th best Undergraduate Research program according to U.S. News and World Report.
- 21 Upstate colleges and universities serve more than 71,000 students
- One of the highest concentration of MBAs
- 3 state parks with nearly 5,000 acres
- 60+ county and city parks
- Countywide greenway 17 miles and growing
- Blue Wall Escarpment
- Paris Mountain State Park
- Rainbow Falls
- Swamp Rabbit Trail
- Peace Center for the Performing Arts
- Greenville Zoo
- 3+ Museums
- Fluor Field
- Named best art town by John Villani
- Artisphere is a Top 20 event in the Southeast
- Home to the largest collection of Andrew Wyeth and Jasper Johns art in the world
- 90+ restaurants within walking distance of the main street
- Fall for Greenville
- Saturday Market
- Artisphere Event
- Main Street Fridays
- Downtown Alive
- Moonlight Movies
- Reedy River Concerts
- Euphoria Event