Arthur Rutenberg Homes is a custom home builder. But, there are many types of home building companies out here. At Arthur Rutenberg Homes, we know it can be challenging understanding who builds where and what. So, here are some short guidelines.
Custom Home Builders generally offer the following services:
- Build on Your Lot or Ours: Meaning, we’ll build on land that you own or on land that one of our Arthur Rutenberg Homes franchised building companies’ own (See Find Your Home). If desired, we can assist you in finding a building Lot.
- Build One-of-a-Kind Home: A custom home is built for a specific client from a set of plans that were developed specifically to meet the needs of the home buyer. The basis of an Arthur Rutenberg design may be one of the plans in our 80 plus plan portfolio, or we can start with a blank sheet of paper. In either case, our design build services will develop a truly one-of-a-kind customized home plan specifically for the home buyer. (See View Our Plan Collection)
In contrast, Production Home Builders generally offer the following services:
- Build on land they own
- Use stock plans that can offer a limited number of plan choices with a limited number of options.
- Build large volumes of houses.
- Are generally not local companies, but are regional or national in scope, with most of the profits returning not to the local company, but to publicly owned corporations.
Another differentiating factor is the service a home buyer receives. Typically, Custom Builders, like Arthur Rutenberg Homes, are smaller in size, locally operated, and better able to react quickly to a home buyer’s needs during the plan design process, as well as, throughout the building process.
I hope this brief synopsis was helpful – if you have any questions or would like any additional information please feel free to call or text me at (704) 301-2794.