Employment Opportunity Available Immediately for Project Manager in Bluffton / Hilton Head Island, SC area.
Salary: $55-$70K total compensation
We are currently seeking a highly effective Project Manager with experience managing all aspects of the home building process to include new custom home construction, purchasing, and estimating of upscale homes to maintain quality throughout the home building process.
- Act as the customer’s concierge, responsible for giving the customer a positive experience throughout the pre-start and construction processes. Find ways to make the experience exceed the expectations of the customer and the company. Recommend improvements to the process.
- Complete and update the activities on the pre-start schedule.
- Prepare for, coordinate, and attend/complete the Customer Plan Review meeting.
- Prepare for, coordinate and attend/complete the Color Session.
- Enter proposed options from the Customer Plan Review meeting and the Color Session into the ARIS job management system.
- Complete Soft Option pricing for customers.
- Obtain signatures on customer accepted Change Orders and collect payment per policy. Change CO status to ‘ACTive’ prior to sending Customer Plan Review drawings to Design.
- Maintain the Job Selections screen for all your jobs.
- Prepare all paperwork for permit submission and obtain the permit.
- Prepare all paperwork for ARB architectural approval and obtain approval.
- Coordinate Pre-Construction Meeting with the Construction Manager (CM). For larger homes coordinate attendance of VP Construction or BCP.
- Provide Construction Managers with a complete Construction Manager Start Package for each job.
- Communicate changes to CM, subcontractors and suppliers in a timely manner throughout construction.
- Review current activities on the Construction Schedules with the CMs weekly, mark completed activities as DONE and approve the appropriate payment.
- Attend frame walks.
- Prepare closing packages for customer closings.
- Manage and attend the Construction Manager’s homeowner orientation meetings prior to closing. This is an opportunity to determine if the final walk through punch list is sufficiently inclusive, to explain the use of the equipment in the home, and to set proper expectations for warranty.
- Distribute plans, bid requests, color selections and purchase orders to subcontractors as needed.
- Produce accurate Job Budgets with real vendors in time to set budget prior to slab pour.
- Attend regular meetings with the Purchasing Manager and Building Company President to critique, confirm and agree to the Key Home Budget.
- Select vendors for each job based on programs set up by the BCP and Purchasing Manager.
- Give completed detailed job budget to the BCP for final review and sign off one week prior to slab pour.
- Create variance purchase orders with notes at the request of the construction managers.
- Proven ability of giving the customer an outstanding experience that exceeds their expectations.
- Maintain the integrity and timeliness of construction documents throughout the job.
- Create and maintain the job budget.
- Manage and control the Pre-start time line.
- Increase the profitability of the job through better purchasing and sale of options.
- Work with the Construction Management team to manage the customer and maintain quality throughout the home building process.
- Estimating and construction background required.
- Ability to work well as a team and be multi-task oriented is a must.
Note to Job Seekers: No telephone calls please. Interviews are by appointment only. Your resume will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be contacted in the event that there is a potential match.
Thank you for your interest in Arthur Rutenberg Homes’ career listings.
Send Resume including salary history to Attn: Brent Christensen.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace