If you’re in the market for a new place to live, you have a wide range of decisions to make. What location should you choose? Should you build a new home, or buy one that’s “new to you,” or a fixer-upper? What features are most important to your family to include in your new home—and can a used home meet all those needs?
The decision ultimately is up to you, but at Arthur Rutenberg Homes, our 30 years of custom homebuilding experience in Hendersonville leads us to believe a newly-built home is always the best choice. If you’re still unsure, consider these five reasons why we think you’ll be happiest living in a custom home.
- Health and safety: There are plenty of homes on the market that could be anywhere from a few years old to several decades old. While older homes are often lauded for their “character,” they don’t meet stringent health and safety codes that new homes do. Today’s building codes and requirements are meant to keep your family safe—by avoiding hazardous chemicals like lead and protecting you from fires, carbon monoxide, or radon.
- Lower maintenance: If you move into an existing home, chances are warranties on the materials used to build it are either almost over or long-expired. On the contrary, building a new home ensures you’ve got brand new materials, fixtures and appliances that shouldn’t give you problems for years to come.
- Efficiency: From windows and doors, to insulation, to appliances, to lighting, to the heating and air system—it’s easier than ever to build a home that’s energy-efficient. And newer versions of these features work better than ever before—which means your home will be more comfortable, have better air quality, and you’ll save money on electricity and water.
- Financing perks: You might be able to get a few breaks on your mortgage by working with a homebuilder like Arthur Rutenberg Homes. We can get special rates on various aspects of building, inspecting, and closing on your home, which you won’t be able to get buying a used home, especially if it needs extensive remodeling.
- Customization: If you’ve got a list of all the things you want your home to have, the truth is you’re not going to get everything unless you have it built to your exact specifications. We have dozens of home designs from which to choose—and you can customize to your heart’s content to get your dream home down to the last detail.
Our job as custom homebuilders is to make sure you move into a home that you will enjoy for decades to come. When you call Arthur Rutenberg Homes—we’ll show you all the reasons to buy a new, custom home—and help you find the home that you will love forever!