Today, the Baby Boomer generation are the biggest buyers of luxury homes. This group of homebuyers are reaching retirement and looking for homes they can enjoy in comfort and style.
So what are some of the luxury amenities our Boomer homebuyers are looking for? They might include:
- A personal retreat: this generation wants their home to feel like a private spa or resort, where they can go and get away from it all.
- High-end kitchens: Gourmet appliances, luxurious finishes such as granite countertops and tile, and plenty of space for entertaining appeal to Boomer homebuyers.
- Lots of closet space: Ease of organization is all the rage among this generation. A big walk-in closet in the master suite, with lots of built-in shelving and drawer space, is a big appeal.
- Big bathrooms: Master bathrooms are often nearly as big as the bedrooms, with whirlpool tubs, a walk-in shower system, and a double vanity. Bathrooms may also include skylights, built-in TV and stereo systems, and heated floors and towel racks.
- Outdoor entertaining areas: Big porches and sunrooms are popular, with outdoor kitchens and entertainment areas. And of course, don’t forget the pool!
Baby Boomers are also considering things that will make living easier as they age. This includes things like putting the master suite on the ground floor, making hallways wider, and using non-slip flooring materials. That way, homebuyers can enjoy their homes for years to come.
If you’re ready to work with a custom homebuilder designing your dream home for retirement and beyond, contact Arthur Rutenberg Homes today to get the process started!